Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Inspiration.

     I've always loved movies. I always wanted to be in them. It was like watching other people's stories I wanted to be in. I didn't have many things to look forward to during my childhood. I was living in Georgia and lived in the same neighborhood until I was 13. So it seemed to me like a small world. Most of what I would watch were horror movies. To this day Wes Craven is a genius to me. My favorite horror franchise is The Nightmare on Elm Street movies. Honestly, it was a really long time that I just stopped watching movies altogether. Today's movies didn't appeal to me. They're all remakes and bland. All based around the same thing. They would just bore me. I started watching a lot of TV Shows instead. I noticed how complex their plots started being and it was nice that I could follow these characters and build emotional feelings for them. I was basically a part of their world. What really brought me back to movies was a film called Antichrist that my friend made me watch. It was directed by Lars Von Trier. It was a very strange movie. It was nothing I've ever seen. And then I found out that it was part of a trilogy and I was really interested afterwards. His style of filmmaking is very, very beautiful. I haven't seen much of his work past his "Depression Trilogy." And then I watched the movie called The Perks of Being a Wallflower which is now my favorite movie, which was adapted from one of my favorite books. Although the way it's filmed and edited isn't as beautiful as Von Trier's films, the writing and characters were beautiful. It's plot is wonderful and I became so interested in the coming-of-age genre of movies. It's not the movies I'd like to make but it is something wonderful that I very much enjoy watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment